Yum, yum. and yum. This was a delicious meal that was quick and easy to prepare. While I enjoy spending time make a meal, this is not a reality with each meal because I enjoy spending time with my family. It is a great week night meal if you are short on time and looking to make a meal that is full of flavor and is a complete meal.
I hope you enjoy it was much as my family and I did.
- 1/3 cup of sake or dry sherry
- or you can use rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 pound lean beef, preferably shell steak
- Combine the sake, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and lemon and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cut the meat into thin strips and add to the marinade.
- Marinate 15 minutes or longer.
- While it is marinating you can prepare the spinach dish
- Drain and cook briefly in a hot skillet
- The beef is best if eaten slightly rare.
- If you are not comfortable with that, it is still wonderful fully cooked. That is how I served the dish.
Spinach with Sesame and Miso
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons light miso
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 pound fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Heat a wok or skillet and add the sesame seeds.
- Stir over medium high-heat until they are lightly toasted.
- Cool the seeds and crush them with a mortar and pestle or food blender.
- Mix with the miso and sugar.
- Wash the spinach and drain well.
- Heat a wok or skillet and add the oil.
- Stir-fry the spinach just until it collapses.
- Remove from the wok.
- Stir the miso and seame paste into the spinach.
- Serve hot or cold.