Beef à la Lindstrom
Start making this at least one hour before you need to cook the dish. The mixture needs to refrigerate for an hour before cooking.
- 1 1/4 pounds ground round steak
- 2 boiled potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Sat and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup of finely diced pickled beets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of capers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Place the meat in a mixing bowl and add the potatoes and egg yolks.
- Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the cream gradually while beating vigorously.
- Mix in the salt and pepper.
- Stir in the beets, capers, and onions.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Shape into four cakes about one inch thick.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and brown the patties on both sides, turning once.
- Remove the patties to a warm platter and add a little water to the skillet.
- Sir to dissolve the brown particles.
- Pour over the meat and serve hot.
- Serve with sauteed potatoes and pickled gherkins.